HomeStart offers salary plus a generous benefits package, dynamic staff, flexibility, and a supportive work environment. HomeStart is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Persons of color and the formerly homeless encouraged to apply.
Landlord Partnership Coordinator
HomeStart is a leading provider of housing placement and follow-up stabilization services for homeless and low-income people.
The role of the Coordinator is to coordinate referrals, housing placements and supportive services to help formerly homeless adults, including homeless veterans, achieve stable tenancies and successfully integrate into their new communities. This position is part of a public-private partnership between companies who own and manage affordable housing, social service agencies and the City of Boston to end homelessness. The coordinator will work with a consortium of affordable housing providers who offer a percentage of their housing units to households experiencing homelessness.
The position is multi-faceted and includes several critical components:
1.) Administrative oversight over referrals to available housing units;
2.) A social service component working directly with households to successfully transition into their new homes; and
3.) A liaison role to ensure participating landlords and owners continue to have positive experiences participating in the partnership
Participants include individuals and families who may experience mental illness, long histories of substance abuse, and limited experience with independent living. Populations served include both formerly homeless individuals and homeless Veterans.
- Act as a liaison for landlords and owners during the referral process to available units
- Participate during the house placement process
- Provide clients with supportive/stabilization services once housed
- Program Data and Evaluation
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Highly organized
- Demonstrate efficient and accurate work
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, patient, and ability to take an optimistic approach to new challenges, and have a good sense of humor.
- Proficient in Microsoft - Word Excel, Power Point, databases and web-based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience managing and juggling diverse task and projects with minimal supervision
- Dedication to helping people move out of shelter system and become successfully integrated in the community.
- Ability to handle client’s crisis with calm and confidence
- Good judgment, strong initiative and quick learner
- Ability to work closely with diverse group of people including formerly homeless men and women, landlords, social service agencies representatives, partner agencies and others.
- Knowledge of homelessness and housing issues preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills
Fundraising Event Volunteer
HomeStart throws several fundraising events throughout the year. If you are interested in volunteering or participating in one of our annual events, contact Michelle Chandler at 617.542.0338 x230 or via e-mail at Chandler@HomeStart.org.